January 19, 2009

2009, new look, new posts......

So, here we go, bloggers. A new look for 2009, and how in the world did it get to be Jan. 19th already?
I have so much it seems to share about our Christmas and New Year, but for now, I'm going to follow one of my good friends' Monday traditions (I love reading yours, Meg) and start there with my fresh commitment of posting *hopefully* daily.

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


So, let's see if I can do this....it's going to be more of a not me weekend...
I did NOT get sick with a sore throat type of knock you on your butt cold on Wednesday and need my husband to come home early Thursday to take care of me.
I also did NOT have a bad case of thrush/mastitis that totally outweighed the cold but still pretty much was horrible.
I don't have a wonderful support system and had not one, but TWO girlfriends take Anna Lee for me on Friday to playgroup and then home for a playdate, so I could sleep while Shelby did...and my husband did NOT leave work again at three on Friday to come home and take over and take care of me the rest of the weekend.
I don't FINALLY feel like I'm myself again today. :)
I don't have a literal TON of laundry to do after being out of commission for a few days, and I'm not going to keep blogging while I have so much to do.
I don't have a beautiful new powder room created by my husband's own two hands.
He didn't almost electrocute himself in the process Saturday night whie drilling a hole into a wire, while installing the toilet paper holder. Thank you, Jesus.
I didn't just finish reading The Red Tent for the second time, and I don't have a renewed calling to practice some form of holistic women's healthcare.
I'm not excited about my book club ladies coming over tomorrow night, nope..not me.
My children aren't crying right now, so I don't have to go.
Hooray for these! Love you, Megs.

No comments:

Post a Comment