I am stealing this meme from The Soggy Librarian from last year. Mostly, b/c I’m a huge dork and I love these things.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, and yes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh, yes…and so did I!!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
Shelby’s birth, Hayden’s wedding to one of the best guys ever, family visits, being blessed with Grandma Helen’s furniture, Dolly Parton concert, Anna’s expression when she saw her first fireworks show, our family vacation in a hurricane, saying goodbye to my hometown and hello to Mobile, OBAMA’S VICTORY, hosting our first Thanksgiving, our first family Christmas—and it was a WHITE ONE..
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
bringing my second sweet baby girl into the world.
9. What was your biggest failure?
time management/sleep deprivation/negative thinking
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
some pre-birth difficulties and a horrible sprained ankle…not bad.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
well, my favorite gifts I received: from Scott, a gorgeous Irish wool sweater that is actually 100% wool, an alpaca wool sweater from my Mama & an illustrated cookbook from my other Mom.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My sweet DH for courage and patience with me, & Barack Obama.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, Insurance Companies, and Overlake OB/GYN..and lately Puget Sound Energy. Bastards.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
new addition to our family and our fabulous new president….also, I’ll be an aunt again VERY soon.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
The Sound of Music soundtrack over and over and over and over.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
I think we’re all poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading. Sleeping. Being with family.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Disrespecting beauty and energy of the moment…..
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my wonderful DH and baby girls right here at home.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes. Yes. And yes.
23. How many one-night stands?
this is hilarious.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey’s Anatomy/SNL-Election skits.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I reread The Red Tent.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
28. What did you want and get?
my baby, some sweaters
29. What did you want and not get?
Uggs. I admit it…I wanted some. Just way too much $.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Smart People, Sex and the City, Step Brothers, The Women, *Once and *The Savages *(they came out in 07…but, I have to wait until DVD—sigh).
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my actual bday, I took Anna to ballet class…we celebrated it the weekend after with some good folks at our house…I turned 32.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More Tina Fey. Kidding…I had a great year…I could stand to see more of our Seattle friends, for sure.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
hahhahaha. Oh, it’s too funny.
34. What kept you sane?
My DH. Zoloft.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
no more stirring. YES WE DID.
37. Who did you miss?
My parents, siblings and my many far away friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Shelby, of course.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
How to express and receive gratitude,
All things are possible to him who believes. [Mark 9:23] ,
YES, WE CAN.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Barack Obama! Yes we can yeah!
Barack Obama! We all come together now!
Barack Obama! Ya ya ya! Barack Obama!
Barack Obama’s making history man
He’s Coming with a message for the people
saying “yes we can” yo!
Si se puede today is a new day
So come on and throw your hands up
Every woman every man!
Building blocks of a new vow
A million stops and a new route
The acting out of the possible feels
Better than the few doubts
All in attempts to embellish the reign
Of power to the people – so that we may develop
The sequel of living
In love for the peaceful
Pushing the envelope honoring all
Of the work
Paying attention to reason
Dipping our feet in deeper than
Teaching minds of a new height
Seeking finds of a new light
This is the meaning of outreach
When it’s outta reach we still fight
29 minutes ago